What’s Included in the Mercedes-Benz Oil Service?
Mercedes-Benz oil service is an essential part of your Mercedes-Benz maintenance schedule. When you bring your luxury vehicle to our service center near San Antonio, our factory-trained technicians will carry out the following tasks:
- Complete a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement* for model years 2009 according to Mercedes-Benz Service A or Mercedes-Benz Service B
- For model years 2008 and prior, an oil change will be carried out (when not part of Service A/B)
- Complete Oil Filter Replacement* using Mercedes-Benz OEM parts
- Dispose of the old filter
Synthetic Oil vs. Regular Oil: What’s the Difference?
If this is your first time owning a Mercedes-Benz and bringing it in for Mercedes-Benz oil service, you may be wondering what synthetic oil is and how it compares to regular oil. Synthetic oil is made with a base oil, powder additives, and a carrier oil, which helps facilitate an even distribution of the additives. Similar to conventional oil, synthetic oil is made from refined crude oils – the main difference is actually the amount of refining that occurs. Synthetic oil is refined, distilled, purified, and broken down at the molecular level, creating numerous advantages over conventional oil:
- Fewer deposits
- A purer final product
- The uniform molecule sizes help prevent friction
- Additives help keep the engine clean
- Better performance in extreme climates (like the intense summer heat in San Antonio)
Synthetic Engine Oils for Mercedes-Benz Vehicles
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 15w-50
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 0w-40
- Valvoline Synpower Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol Syntec 5w-50
- Castrol Syntec 10W-40
- Quaker State Full Synthetic European Formula 5w-40
- Pennzoil Synthetic European 5w-40
- 76 Pure Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol TXT Softec Plus 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40
When Does My Vehicle Need a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement?
Mercedes-Benz Service A** and Mercedes-Benz Service B** checklists include Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement and Oil Filter Replacement. This means that as long as you’re bringing your vehicle in for Service A^ (every 10,000 miles or 1 year) and Service B^ (every 20,000 miles or 2 years) when the Flex Service System tells you to, there’s no need to stress about tracking your oil service appointments in Alamo Heights.
Stay Up-to-Date with the Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Schedule
Is it time for your vehicle’s next Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement on the Mercedes-Benz maintenance schedule? Our service center is conveniently located near Shavano Park. Contact us or schedule service online to get started today!
*Oil and filter change is the base advertised service component. Additional services as determined by your vehicle’s ASSYST Plus system, which calculates service needs based on your driving habits, time, mileage and environmental conditions, may increase service cost.
**2009 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles only. Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.
^Services and pricing for Service A/Service B may vary due to your driving habits, mileage, and local environmental conditions. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for additional details and general guidelines for your vehicle’s year and model.