What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Considering a new Mercedes-Benz SUV, coupe, or sedan equipped with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® All-Wheel Drive as your next San Antonio commuter? This advanced drivetrain system is designed to keep you confident and in control, no matter what the road ahead has in store for you. Before we delve into how Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® AWD works in the guide below, let’s do a quick review of its benefits:
- Better traction on Alamo Heights roads, especially during inclement weather
- There’s no action needed from you – 4MATIC®® AWD automatically sends torque to the wheels that can best use it
- The system doesn’t have a negative impact on your fuel economy
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® AWD Operate?
As you make your commute from Shavano Park to San Antonio, Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® AWD is constantly working to provide you with a safer, more comfortable driving experience. Here’s how:
- When you brake, accelerate, and steer your vehicle, all three systems are relying on the power sent to your car’s tires to function as needed. Rather than only sending power to the front or rear wheels, 4MATIC®® AWD sends it to all four, thereby maximizing the force to be used for accelerating, braking, and turning.
- While turning a corner, the outer wheels take a longer path than the inner wheels. As a result, the outer and inner wheels rotate at different speeds. 4MATIC®® AWD observes wheel spin and maintains optimal levels at all times.
- When an unexpected rainstorm hits San Antonio, the road surface can quickly turn slick and hazardous. Designed to keep you safe and in control, 4MATIC®® AWD tracks the road conditions below and auto-adjusts brake and engine output as necessary. An electronic traction system is utilized to sustain control through changing––and challenging––road conditions.
- If you’re driving a high-performance vehicle like a Mercedes-Benz AMG® variant, 4MATIC®® AWD helps you feel confident and in-command, even when you reach blistering speeds. The ability to send varying levels of torque to each individual wheel provides enhanced handling and responsiveness.
Mercedes-Benz Vehicles with Standard 4MATIC®® All-Wheel Drive
The Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® All-Wheel Drive system is standard at certain trim levels of popular models like the A-Class Sedan, C-Class Sedan, and GLE SUV. Here’s a quick list of the configurations of some of your favorite models that are standard equipped with 4MATIC®® AWD:
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® All-Wheel Drive Sedans, Coupes, Cabriolets, and Wagons
- Mercedes-Benz A 220 4MATIC®® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC®® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 350 4MATIC®® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC®® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC®® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC®® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC®® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC®® Coupe and Sedan
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC®® All-Wheel Drive SUVs
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC®® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC®® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC®® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC®® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC®® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC®® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 580 4MATIC®® SUV
Considering an AMG® variant of any of the above vehicles? Often, Mercedes-Benz AMG® models feature exclusive versions of 4MATIC®® AWD, like AMG® Performance 4MATIC®.
Upgrade to 4MATIC® AWD On a Budget
Are you shopping for a 4MATIC®-equipped vehicle on a budget? Check out our pre-owned inventory to find a like-new Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive! Our used selection is constantly changing, so if you’re looking for something specific like a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV, be sure to check in frequently!
Get Behind the Wheel in San Antonio Today!
Ready to secure the keys to a new Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® AWD? Whether it’s the Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® or a Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC®, we’ve got you covered. Contact us or stop by our showroom in San Antonio to get started today! We can get you the keys for a 4MATIC® test drive before you finalize your decision. When you’re ready, our finance team is here to help you explore lease and loan options!